- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
- IBORI: Oghara Union tasks Malami, UK on repatriation delay
- Delta police Command warns criminals: State no go area to you, arrests killers of policemen, others
- Amotekun evicts another 137 northerners from Ondo forest
- PERSPECTIVE - The Benuenisation of Niger State and the bandits war
Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State
- NULGE lament pains, agonies of members over unpaid salaries
The Nigeria Union of Local Government Employees (NULGE), Delta State Chapter has expressed discontent over the non-payment of salaries of Local Government workers in the range of 8-13 months.
The Union further decries the excruciating, suffocating pains and agonies being experienced by its members, which have caused them untimely death due to hunger, frustration and inability to pay medical bills.
In a statement signed by Comrade Peter Ene, State Secretary, NULGE also vehemently rejected the payment of Primary school teachers’ salaries at the expense of the Local Government workers.
According to the statement, after a careful and exhaustive deliberation of the issues under review, the state Executive council resolved as follows:
1. That the State Government should revert to the old order of uniform payment of both Local Government employees and Primary schools teachers with the resources available.
That the State Government should reinstate augmentation for payment of Primary school teachers’ salaries as Local Government council can no longer alone bear the burden.
- That the Union will be left with no other option than to invoke the instrument of industrial action.
It was also resolved to declare a trade dispute and give a 21-day ultimatum to the state government commencing from Friday, 5th May,2017 within which all arrears of salaries ranging from 8-13 months should be paid or be ready to face industrial action.
Meanwhile, the Union shall organise mass protest rallies in the three senatorial districts within the 21-day ultimatum; while the mother of all rallies shall hold in Asaba, and would have in attendance the National President, civil society groups and Human Right activists.