- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
- IBORI: Oghara Union tasks Malami, UK on repatriation delay
- Delta police Command warns criminals: State no go area to you, arrests killers of policemen, others
- Amotekun evicts another 137 northerners from Ondo forest
- PERSPECTIVE - The Benuenisation of Niger State and the bandits war
Zanna Ibrahim, COMPOL, Delta State
In line with its avowed commitment to serve with integrity and be
guided by the best democratic principles and practice at all times, no
matter whose ox is gored, the Delta State Police Command, Tuesday, 29th,
August, 2017, dismissed, Sgt. Habila Samaila ‘m’, 36yrs in court on grounds of professional misconduct and murder of Ejovwokoghene Igueride ‘m’, aged 32 years, of Emede community,
Isoko South LGA of Delta State.
A statement from the Command’s PPRO, DSP Aniamaka Andrew stated that dismissed suspect is in the process of being arraigned in court.
It will be recalled that on 19/8/2017, at about 1910hrs, the
deceased was reportedly shot by a mobile Policeman at Emede community and
was rushed to General Hospital Olomoro where he was confirmed dead.
Investigation so far revealed that the shooting was done by former Sgt.
Habila Samaila of 33 PMF Ado-Ekiti, who was on escort to the community with
the Director of Johnnesco (Nig.) Enterprises Ltd.
Meanwhile, the Command expresses its heart-felt condolences to the
family and friends of the deceased as it shares in their pains over the
unfortunate loss of their loved one due to the careless handling of weapon
by the dismissed sergeant.