- Eid-el-Fitr: Pray for Nigeria's unity, Love; tolerate one another, Gbagi tells Muslims
- Eid-el-Fitr: Okowa calls for prayers to fight insecurity
- Reps Minority Caucus urges peaceful coexistence, congratulates Nigerians at Eid-el-Fitr
- Southern Senators back Govs’ call for restructuring, ban on open grazing
- 2023 Guber: Gbagi ‘ll industrialise Delta State, says Jibunor
Delta State Governor, Dr Ifeanyi Okowa, has congratulated former Governor of the state, Chief James Ibori, as he turns 58 years on Friday, August 4.
Okowa in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Charles Aniagwu, extolled the enigmatic political prowess of his former boss, describing him as an astute administrator and enthusiastic leader of impeccable disposition.
While noting the sterling and legendary contributions of Chief Ibori to the political development of Delta State and Nigeria, the Governor added that the Ibori political philosophy which has endeared him to Deltans and beyond will remain a subject of research by contemporary political watchers.
The Governor paid glowing tribute to Chief Ibori for championing the fight for Resource Control and Fiscal Federalism in Nigeria.
Okowa said: “On behalf of the government and people of Delta State, I felicitate with a leader par excellence, Chief James Ibori, on the occasion of his 58th birthday.
“Deltans and Nigerians cannot forget in a hurry how you laboured to build the most virile, potent and unassailable political family in Delta State and beyond even as your legacies still dot the nooks and crannies of the state.
“It is our prayer that God will continue to protect you and grant you good health to render more services to mankind,” he said.