- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
- IBORI: Oghara Union tasks Malami, UK on repatriation delay
- Delta police Command warns criminals: State no go area to you, arrests killers of policemen, others
- Amotekun evicts another 137 northerners from Ondo forest
- PERSPECTIVE - The Benuenisation of Niger State and the bandits war
The second phase of the Town Hall meetings and inspection and commissioning of projects by the Delta State Governor, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa, will begin on Tuesday, October 17, 2017.
A statement signed by the State Commissioner for Information and Chairman of the organising committee of the event, Mr. Patrick Ukah, disclosed that the Governor and his entourage would be in Udu and Okpe Local Government Areas on October 17 and 18, while it will be the turn of Ndokwa West and Patani Local Government Areas on October 24 and 25.
The statement explained that the Governor would pay courtesy visits on some traditional rulers in the areas on the first day of the visits, inspect ongoing projects as well as commission completed ones.
The second day, the Governor would hold Town Hall meetings with persons drawn from different groups in the state. During the meetings, he would give his score card and allow people to react and ask questions.
Eleven Local Government Areas were visited during the first phase. There are Isoko North, Isoko South, Sapele, Ethiope West, Aniocha North, Aniocha South, Oshimili South, Oshimili North, Ika South, Ughelli South and Uvwie.