- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
- IBORI: Oghara Union tasks Malami, UK on repatriation delay
- Delta police Command warns criminals: State no go area to you, arrests killers of policemen, others
- Amotekun evicts another 137 northerners from Ondo forest
- PERSPECTIVE - The Benuenisation of Niger State and the bandits war
Staff of Warri North Local Government Council have commended the Council’s management for offsetting all backlog of salary arrears owed them.
The jubilant workers who expressed their joy, thanking the Head of the Council, Mr Douglas Akambe, who is also the Head of Personnel Management (HPM), stated the cherry gesture came few weeks after authority was handed over to him.
Some of the delighted staff who pleaded anonymity, said that with the new development they were more charged to execute their duties diligently as it had given them the verve to adhere strictly to the clock in order instituted by the management of the council at the instance of his Excellency, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa.
They added that the clearing of grasses of the bushy council premises and the chairman and staff lodge which commenced today, was at the instance of the HPM who decried the unkempt environment of the council premises.
A senior administrative officer in charge of the supervision of the clock in exercise, who pleaded anonymity, also commended the payment of outstanding salary arrears, saying it had given the council that edge above every other council in the state as being the only council not owing staff salaries in the state.