- Show will to end insecurity in the land, Gbagi urges Nigerians, says states should decide herdsmen’s operation
- No grazing law in Delta, says Mrakpor; speaks on 2023 guber tussle, activities of DSCTDA
- Okowa tasks ICAN, other professional bodies on national planning
- PERSPECTIVE - Túpac Amaru: Senior Prefect in the liberation pantheon
- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
Delta State Governor, Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa has effected a minor cabinet reshuffle relieving two commissioners of their portfolios while reassigning four others.
The two commissioners who were dropped were Dr. Nicholas Azinge [Health], and Chief Dan Okenyi [Culture & Tourism], while those reassigned are Hon Asupa Forteta, formerly of the Directorate Of Youths Development, now heads the Urban Renewal Directorate; Chief Karo Ilolo, formerly of Directorate of Urban Renewal Directorate now takes charge of the Youths Development Directorate.
Others are Hon. Bright Edejewhro, formerly of Local Government Affairs Directorate now heads Ministry Of Science and Technology and Hon Joyce Overah, of the Ministry of The Science and Technology now moves to Local Government Affairs Directorate.
The decision to reshuffle the cabinet is in line with the state government’s desire to re-energise the machinery of government and bring new impetus into service delivery.
Governor Okowa in a statement signed by the Secretary To State Government, Hon. Ovie Agas thanked the two commissioners relieved of their portfolios for their commitment and contributions to the SMART Agenda and wish them success in their future endeavours.
The statement also said that the cabinet reshuffle takes effect from February 8, 2018.