- Show will to end insecurity in the land, Gbagi urges Nigerians, says states should decide herdsmen’s operation
- No grazing law in Delta, says Mrakpor; speaks on 2023 guber tussle, activities of DSCTDA
- Okowa tasks ICAN, other professional bodies on national planning
- PERSPECTIVE - Túpac Amaru: Senior Prefect in the liberation pantheon
- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
The Delta State Government has approved the award of contract for the completion of the second phase of outstanding works in the Stephen Keshi Stadium (formerly known as Asaba Township Stadium) in Asaba.
Making this known, the state Commissioner for Information, Mr. Patrick Ukah, said that the approval was part of the decisions taken during the State Executive Council meeting held in Asaba on Tuesday.
He said that the approval is to ensure that the stadium is ready to host the 2018 Africa Senior Athletics Competition scheduled to hold in August this year.
He explained that the hosting right of the event, given to the state by the Confederation of African Athletics (CAA), will not only harness the budding talents that abound in the state, but will further promote grassroots sports development in Delta State.
The Commissioner for Information also stated that the Executive Council approved the appointment of Obi Julius U. Enueme, as the Agadagba of (Obiava) Adiai Kingdom in Ndokwa West Local Government Area.
He said that the construction of Delta Development and Property Authority (DDPA) Housing Estate Road in Agbor, Ika South Local Government Area, was equally approved.
Ukah also disclosed that the construction of Efeizomor 11 Road, Owa-Alero in Ika North East Local Government Area, the construction of Main Axial Road in Erowha Community (from Patani end to the river) in Isoko South Local Government Area and the rehabilitation and expansion of Access Road to Uwvie Modern Market, Ugbolokposo, from PTI Road/Alegbo Road junction to DSC Expressway in Effurun, Uwvie Local Government Area, also got the nod of the state government.