- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
- IBORI: Oghara Union tasks Malami, UK on repatriation delay
- Delta police Command warns criminals: State no go area to you, arrests killers of policemen, others
- Amotekun evicts another 137 northerners from Ondo forest
- PERSPECTIVE - The Benuenisation of Niger State and the bandits war
By Emmanuel Mogbede
Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, APC National Chairman, has described as ´´absolutely childish´´, the endorsement of former governor of Edo, Mr. Adams Oshiomhole, by South-South stakeholders to take over from him.
He told newsmen at the party´s National Secretariat in Abuja on Tuesday that
it was “childish, absolutely childish’’.
Voting is done at convention and not in State Houses or in Government Houses,” he said.
Odigie-Oyegun, who did not confirm if he would seek re-election as APC national chairman or not, however, said he had concluded consultations and would make his decision public in a few days.
´´The consultation, I think is concluded; I’m going to make it known when the convention committee announces their programmes.
´´Then when I am going to buy a form, if I will re-contest I will let you know,´´ he said.
There have been speculations that both Odigie-Oyegun and Oshiomhole among others are in the race for the APC national chairmanship position.
He said those who endorsed Oshiomhole had their reasons which should be respected, saying that there was nothing wrong in the endorsement.
He, however, said that he was not bothered by the development.
´´I will grant a comprehensive interview to you when the time comes.
´´One of those who wants my job is from Edo and he was the immediate past governor and he was very instrumental in installing the present governor.
´´So, I think it is a case of rub my back, I rub your back’ that is playing out;´´ he said, adding that he was not bothered by the development,´´ Odigie-Oyegun said.(NAN)