- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
- IBORI: Oghara Union tasks Malami, UK on repatriation delay
- Delta police Command warns criminals: State no go area to you, arrests killers of policemen, others
- Amotekun evicts another 137 northerners from Ondo forest
- PERSPECTIVE - The Benuenisation of Niger State and the bandits war
Recently let out from prison custody on bail, Senator representing Delta North Senatorial District at the National Assembly and Senate Committee Chairman on NDDC, Senator Peter Nwaoboshi says he doesn’t care if he was eventually jailed in the process of his ongoing alleged corruption trial by the EFCC, accusing the APC Government under President Muhammadu Buhari of being behind his travail.
He spoke during the Delta North PDP meeting which held on Friday, 11th May, 2018, at Orchid Hotel in Asaba.
Looking agitated and emotional, Nwaoboshi who labored to explain to the people his achievements within the period in the Senate, said he was not begging Anioma people for vote for a second term, declaring that so far since he had the support of the PDP structure and leaders across the state, he would always cruise to victory.
Apparently to convince the audience on what he has done as a Senator, he claimed that the Maryam Babangida Road which is yet to be rehabilitated by the state government had been fixed by him.
The embattled Senator also said that those calling him a pagan are liars, affirming that he goes to church.
“Let me tell you, I don’t care if I go to jail, I am not a criminal. It is the APC Government that is witch hunting me because of my vocal nature in the Senate. I will keep talking”, Nwaoboshi said.
Senator Peter Nwaoboshi was recently released from prison after being granted bail by the court where he was arraigned by EFCC on charges bordering on corruption and fraudulent dealings while holding sway as State PDP Chairman and now as Senator.