- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
- IBORI: Oghara Union tasks Malami, UK on repatriation delay
- Delta police Command warns criminals: State no go area to you, arrests killers of policemen, others
- Amotekun evicts another 137 northerners from Ondo forest
- PERSPECTIVE - The Benuenisation of Niger State and the bandits war
It is a misnomer to address Chief Martha Dunkwu, the Omu of Okpanam asher royal majesty, the Ugo Ani-in-Council of Okpanam Kingdom, in Oshimili North Local Government Area of Delta State, has clarified.
The Ugo Ani-in-Council also made it clear that an illustrious daughter of Okpanam, who is being addressed as Her Royal Majesty (HRM), Obi (Dr) Martha Dunkwu, Omu of Okpanam and Omu of Anioma, is in fact Chief Martha Dunkwu, Omu of Okpanam.
A statement signed on behalf of the Council by the Okaa-Omee of Okpanam Kingdom, Chief P. K. Obanya, and the Oza Okita of the kingdom, Chief Steve Okonta, noted that going by the tradition and custom of the people, Chief Martha Dunkwu is the leader of market women and general overseer of problems and general welfare questions of women in the kingdom on behalf of the traditional ruler.
The statement said that it is only the traditional ruler of the Kingdom known as the Ugoani of Okpanam, His Royal Majesty (HRM), Michael Mbanefo Ogbolu, and currently the Chairman of Oshimili North Local Government Area Council of Traditional Rulers, that is qualified to be addressed as His Royal Majesty.
“The Omu is a respected and revered Chief in the Kingdom, but in order to correct the misconception in any quarter and put the records straight, the Omu of Okpanam is Chief Martha Dunkwu and not Her Royal Majesty (HRM), Obi Martha Dunkwu.