- Show will to end insecurity in the land, Gbagi urges Nigerians, says states should decide herdsmen’s operation
- No grazing law in Delta, says Mrakpor; speaks on 2023 guber tussle, activities of DSCTDA
- Okowa tasks ICAN, other professional bodies on national planning
- PERSPECTIVE - Túpac Amaru: Senior Prefect in the liberation pantheon
- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
The National Working Committee (NWC) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has declares a seven-day mourning for the victims of the gruesome killings of innocent Nigerians by marauders and bandits in Plateau state and other parts of the country
A statement signed by the PDP’s National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Kola Ologbondiyan, stated that consequently, the party directs that its flags at all its offices and formation at all levels across the country be flown at half-mast during the period in honour of the victims.
The statement reads: “The PDP urges the people of Plateau state to exercise their rights as global citizens, work with other public-spirited Nigerians and groups and take President Muhammadu Buhari and his government to the International Criminal Court (ICC) at the Hague for acting helpless in the face of continuous mass killings in our country.
“The PDP firmly holds that the life of every Nigerian is sacred. All Nigerians must be protected whether they are Birom, Basange, Igbira, Tiv, Idoma, Hausa, Igbo, Fulani, Gbagyi, Yoruba or from any other tribe whatsoever.
“The fundamental duty of government all over the world is the protection of lives and Nigerians can no longer continue to fold their hands while compatriots are being daily hacked down by marauders.”