- Show will to end insecurity in the land, Gbagi urges Nigerians, says states should decide herdsmen’s operation
- No grazing law in Delta, says Mrakpor; speaks on 2023 guber tussle, activities of DSCTDA
- Okowa tasks ICAN, other professional bodies on national planning
- PERSPECTIVE - Túpac Amaru: Senior Prefect in the liberation pantheon
- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
The Peoples Democratic party (PDP) says it has not issued any guidelines for its primary elections.
National Organising Secretary of the party, Col. Austin Akobundu, who made this known in a statement declared: “The attention of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has been drawn to a story in the Sunday Punch of June 17, 2018 titled ‘PDP LIST GUIDELINES FOR PRESIDENTIAL ASPIRANTS, DEMANDS N12M FOR FORMS’.
“We wish to state categorically that the Party is still in the process of drawing up the guidelines for its presidential primary election. It is therefore misleading to claim that the Party has ‘listed its guidelines’ not to talk of the cost of nomination forms.
At the appropriate time the proposals will be presented to NEC of the Party which will approve as it deems fit. Only then can one say that it has the guidelines for the 2018 presidential primary election. The National Working Committee of the PDP, under the leadership of Prince Uche Secondus, is committed to adhering strictly to the PDP Constitution and the constitution in Chapter 8 (50) (1) grants NEC the power to formulate the guidelines for aspirants in any of its Party Primaries, the presidential primary inclusive.
“We appreciate the interest in the electoral processes of our great Party and the Party is always ready to respond to any enquiries and to make all necessary information available. We therefore, urge the general public, party members and our esteemed presidential aspirants to disregard the said publication. The authentic guidelines for PDP presidential primary election will be released as soon as they are considered by the organs of the Party,” the National Organising secretary of PDP stated.