- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
- IBORI: Oghara Union tasks Malami, UK on repatriation delay
- Delta police Command warns criminals: State no go area to you, arrests killers of policemen, others
- Amotekun evicts another 137 northerners from Ondo forest
- PERSPECTIVE - The Benuenisation of Niger State and the bandits war
The clean sweep of victory made by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the just concluded local government elections held in Rivers State manifests the appreciation of the people for the performance of governor Nyesom Wike, National Publicity Secretary of the party, Mr. Kola Ologbondiyan has stated.
The party noted in a statement signed by Mr. Ologbondiyan that the outcome of the poll wherein PDP made a clean sweep of all the 23 local government areas of the state confirms Governor Wike’s positive impact in the lives of the people.
The statement reads: “Rivers State today is one huge construction site with visible projects that directly affects the lives of the people. All that the electorate did at the local government election was just to reciprocate their governor’s achievements.
“The outcome of this election therefore is a confirmation that PDP is the dominant and preferred party of choice not only in Rivers state but the entire nation.
“The governors elected on the PDP platform are all delivering on the promises they made to the electorate while many of their counterparts in the All Progressives Congress (APC) are either busy renewing their promises without projects to show for the years spent in office or making outright denials of such promises.
“The party congratulates the newly elected local government chairmen, as well as the councilors and urge them to ensure that good governance is taken to the grassroots to fulfill the expectations of the voters.”