- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
- IBORI: Oghara Union tasks Malami, UK on repatriation delay
- Delta police Command warns criminals: State no go area to you, arrests killers of policemen, others
- Amotekun evicts another 137 northerners from Ondo forest
- PERSPECTIVE - The Benuenisation of Niger State and the bandits war
President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, has condemned the last minute cancellation of the approval granted to Sen. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, to use the Eagle Square for his 2019 presidential declaration.
In a statement signed by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Yusuph Olaniyonu, in Abuja, Saraki stated that the “Eagle Square belongs to all Nigerians” and the cancellation sends a wrong message about the tolerance level in our politics.
“The refusal to allow Senator Kwankwaso to utilize the Eagle Square for his Presidential declaration, despite an earlier approval, sends a wrong message about our democracy, particularly the tolerance level in our politics.
“That square belongs to all Nigerians because it was built with public funds. We hope this is not what we will be seeing as we approach the 2019 General Elections,” the Senate President said.