- Show will to end insecurity in the land, Gbagi urges Nigerians, says states should decide herdsmen’s operation
- No grazing law in Delta, says Mrakpor; speaks on 2023 guber tussle, activities of DSCTDA
- Okowa tasks ICAN, other professional bodies on national planning
- PERSPECTIVE - Túpac Amaru: Senior Prefect in the liberation pantheon
- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
Relief materials have started arriving the various Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) camps established by the Delta State Government to provide temporary accommodation for those displaced by ravaging flood in some parts of the state, according to the State’s Management Committee.
A statement from the committee revealed that food stuffs, toiletries, mattresses, mosquito nets, among others, has been supplied to the camps by the State Government.
At Omorka Primary School, Illah, Oshimili North Local Government Area, a block of six classrooms have been made available for the accommodation of the Internationally Displaced Persons.
A pit toilet is being dug in addition to the existing one, while two Geepee water tanks of 1,000 gallons each were supplied to the camp premises.
As at Friday morning, the camp at Ogbe Afor Primary School, Asaba, was calm, the commandant had resumed, security men were on ground, members of Red Cross Society were also on ground registering people into the camp.
The Primary Health Care centre has been stocked with adequate drugs, while doctors and nurses from Oshimili South Local Government Health Centers and an ambulance were on standby.
The situation in Isoko South Local Government Area was calm in flood prone areas such as Ikpide Irri, Uzere, Araya, Aviara and Ivrogbo. As at yesterday, people have moved from Araya into Aviara to stay with family and friends.
At the camp in Emede mattresses and the generator were being expected as at the time of this report yesterday.
Meanwhile, a flood victim in Asaba camp, Mrs. Chidinma Ismaila, has just been delivered of a baby girl.
The mother, while appreciating God for safe delivery also commended the Delta state governor Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa, for providing a temporary abode for them.