- Show will to end insecurity in the land, Gbagi urges Nigerians, says states should decide herdsmen’s operation
- No grazing law in Delta, says Mrakpor; speaks on 2023 guber tussle, activities of DSCTDA
- Okowa tasks ICAN, other professional bodies on national planning
- PERSPECTIVE - Túpac Amaru: Senior Prefect in the liberation pantheon
- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
The mega rally of the Peoples Democratic party (PDP), Delta North, planned to hold on Tuesday, 25/9/2028 has been postponed indefinitely.
A statement signed by the Delta North Chairman of PDP, Mr. Moses Iduh, which announced the postponement today, Sunday, 23/9/2018 reads:
“We wish to inform our leaders, stakeholders, loyalists and teeming supporters across Delta North Senatorial District, that our Mega Rally earlier slated to hold in Kwale on Tuesday, September 25, 2018, has been POSTPONED INDEFINITELY.
“This indefinite postponement is in recognition and solidarity with our brothers and sisters and all Delta families, who have been devastated and displaced by the floods which are presently ravaging our dear State.
“It is only right and proper for us, as a responsible political party, who has the interest of our dear Deltans at heart, to postpone this rally as a mark of concern and respect to our affected brothers and sisters who have been dislocated by this unprovoked disaster.
“We want you to know that, we wholeheartedly identify with you at this time of crisis and to assure you that His Excellency, Senator Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa, who feels your plight and has already identified with you, will leave no stone unturned to make sure that you are provided with the best comfort and functional facilities to ease the pains of your present situation.
“We hereby also apologise to our leaders and members for any inconveniences this indefinite postponement will cause, but we are reassured in the knowledge that you will understand that it is for a good and worthy cause.”