- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
- IBORI: Oghara Union tasks Malami, UK on repatriation delay
- Delta police Command warns criminals: State no go area to you, arrests killers of policemen, others
- Amotekun evicts another 137 northerners from Ondo forest
- PERSPECTIVE - The Benuenisation of Niger State and the bandits war
President Muhammadu Buhari, who marked his 76th birthday today has penned an appreciation note to all Nigerians thanking them for the show of love and prayers on his special day.
He also seized the opportunity to renew his pledge to serve Nigerians diligently and take the country to greater heights or as his re-election campaign will put it, the Next Level.
Read the personal letter of President Buhari:
Dear Nigerians/Friends –
It’s been my joy and honour to serve our country, Nigeria, for most of my life.
As I turned 76 today, I am deeply grateful for all the prayers, goodwill messages and encouragement from Nigerians and friends, at home and abroad.
Life is better lived together in peace, unity and prosperity.
In all, I give glory to almighty Allah for mercies, and thanks to Nigerians for counting me worthy to serve them. It is something I have rededicated myself to, and will do to the very best of my ability.
Nigeria has all the potentials for greatness. Our greatness as individuals will only derive from Nigeria’s greatness. So, on this special day, I commit myself again to the task of taking our country to greater heights, and invite you to partner with me in that worthy cause.