- Show will to end insecurity in the land, Gbagi urges Nigerians, says states should decide herdsmen’s operation
- No grazing law in Delta, says Mrakpor; speaks on 2023 guber tussle, activities of DSCTDA
- Okowa tasks ICAN, other professional bodies on national planning
- PERSPECTIVE - Túpac Amaru: Senior Prefect in the liberation pantheon
- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
Former Secretary to the state Government of Delta, Comrade Ovuozourie Macaulay has condemned the spate of ritual killings perpetrated by internet fraudsters aka Yahoo-Yahoo boys.
Macaulay handed down the condemnation when a group, the Isoko Man of the Year Awards Group, presented him the Isoko Man of the Year Per excellence award.
Presented by the ‘Isoko Man Of The Year Awards Group’ during its maiden edition which held in Eboh Hotel, Oleh, Isoko South Local Council headquarter, the award, according to the organisers, is most informed by his contribution to the sociopolitical development of Isoko nation.
The Chairman, Macaulay Media Vanguard (MMV) Mr. Iteveh Ekpokpobe, who received the award on behalf of his principal, said his principal dedicated the award to persons who continually believe and work towards the development of Isoko.
Iteveh said Macaulay believes that the development of Isoko nation should top the interest of every Isoko above everything else.
“Macaulay sued for peaceful coexistence among the people, with a stress on the need for family units to ensure a firm grip on the issue of morality especially as it concerns the grooming of their wards and children,” Iteveh said, adding that Macaulay, while condemning the spate of ritual killings allegedly perpetrated by internet fraudsters aka ‘yahoo boys’, preach against the drive for quick wealth that is fast becoming rife.
According to Iteveh, Macaulay commended the organisers for deeming him fit for the award adding that it would spur him to avail more towards the development of Isoko nation.