- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
- IBORI: Oghara Union tasks Malami, UK on repatriation delay
- Delta police Command warns criminals: State no go area to you, arrests killers of policemen, others
- Amotekun evicts another 137 northerners from Ondo forest
- PERSPECTIVE - The Benuenisation of Niger State and the bandits war
A major schism bordering on equity has developed in the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Delta State over the 50-50 sharing arrangement between the factions of the party.
In the wake of the APC problem in the state, the Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, at a meeting with the feuding leaders proposed an equitable sharing formula of 50-50 between the contending parties, which was also supposed to be taken down to the state, local government and ward levels.
In that arrangement,the Chief Great Ogboru and Ovie Omo-Agege-led group, the Light of Delta APC (LDA), were to take 50, while the Olorogun O’tega Emerhor group called Mainstream Delta APC (MDA), was to have the other 50. But it is like the arrangement did not take cognizance of the Consolidated Dynamic APC group formerly led by late Senator Spanner Okpozo, and now led by Chief Hyacinth Enuha.
Sources complained that the CDA group now led by Chief Enuha is dissatisfied with the arrangement and is seeking a change. The group now wants the sharing formula to take it into consideration, and thus, it is proposing that the three groups should have equal share of 33.3 per cent, so that all the contending groups will be at par.
It was learnt that the CDA group is not very comfortable in particular with the MDA of Emerhor .
They called attention to the experience they had with him in the past appointments and contracts were shared among only his cronies and persons from the Delta Central senatorial district, ignoring those from Delta North and Delta South.