- Show will to end insecurity in the land, Gbagi urges Nigerians, says states should decide herdsmen’s operation
- No grazing law in Delta, says Mrakpor; speaks on 2023 guber tussle, activities of DSCTDA
- Okowa tasks ICAN, other professional bodies on national planning
- PERSPECTIVE - Túpac Amaru: Senior Prefect in the liberation pantheon
- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
The Delta State Police command says report available to the Command on a boat mishap reveals that on the 9/3/2019 a boat conveying 22 passengers, three Policemen and 19 members of the community returning from ward 3 Ebrohimi to Koko Jetty after the elections, at about 01.20hrs capsized along the waterway at Ureju community.
A statement from the Acting Police Public Relations (PPRO), Assistant Superintendent of Police, Chuks Orisewezie, stated that passengers including three Policemen and 15 natives have been successfully rescued, while four passengers are still missing, two of the rescued passengers have been rushed to the Oghara General Hospital.
“No INEC official or NYSC member was involved in the boat mishap as earlier rumoured. The search for the missing passengers is still in progress,” the PPRO stated, pointing out that the Commissioner of Police Delta State Command, CP Adeyinka Adeleke has reiterated his commitment to ensuring the safety and security of all Deltans at all times.