- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
- IBORI: Oghara Union tasks Malami, UK on repatriation delay
- Delta police Command warns criminals: State no go area to you, arrests killers of policemen, others
- Amotekun evicts another 137 northerners from Ondo forest
- PERSPECTIVE - The Benuenisation of Niger State and the bandits war
Paul Onuach is Nigeria’s fastest goal scorer, as Super Eagles PIPs Pharaohs of Egypt 1-0.
The Super Eagles of Nigeria today, Tuesday, March 26, 2019 displayed made Nigerians proud with a superlative display of fine football at the Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba earning in the process a lone goal win against the Pharaohs of Egypt in a friendly encounter.
Although both teams looked equally matched, the Super Eagles stood their grounds against their opponents who also put up a gallant fight which, however, did not pay off till the end of the 90 minutes of play.
Just about five seconds into the kick-off, Paul Onatu hit the Egyptian’s net to give Nigeria the curtain raiser and the only goal of the match. The Onatu goal so far is the fastest goal ever scored in an international football tourney in Nigeria.
The 90-minute football match entertained the audience in the capacity-filled stadium with fine football artistry to the delight of all.
Super Eagles Coach, Rohr to journalists at a post-match press conference that what the people saw at the Stephen Keshi Stadium was not just good match, but a great match.
In answer to a question, he said it will be difficult to invite new players into the team now because the African continent’s football fiesta is just three months away.
Also at the stadium to watch the match was the Governor of Delta State, Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa, the chairman of the Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick and a host of other football enthusiasts.