- Show will to end insecurity in the land, Gbagi urges Nigerians, says states should decide herdsmen’s operation
- No grazing law in Delta, says Mrakpor; speaks on 2023 guber tussle, activities of DSCTDA
- Okowa tasks ICAN, other professional bodies on national planning
- PERSPECTIVE - Túpac Amaru: Senior Prefect in the liberation pantheon
- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
President Muhammadu Buhari, and Nigeria’s oil Minister.
By Ambrose Ologide
There is unease in Ekpan, Delta state over claims of subterranean and disingenuous moves to relocate the headquarters of the of Nigerian Gas Marketing Company (NGMC) Ekpan, Delta State to Abuja by some cabals in the company.
Accordingly, hundreds of people, mostly youths from oil bearing communities in Delta State on yesterday Tuesday, May 7th, 2019, staged a peaceful protest against an alleged plan of relocating the headquarters of the gas marketing company from Delta State to Abuja by elements described as cabals in the company.
A group known as the Amalgamated Niger Delta Force had based on its intelligence also recently alleged that plans had been concluded by the said cabals to relocate the headquarters of NGMC to Abuja of which the management of the company did not respond till the latest protest.
The peaceful protest was still on at the premises of the company in Ekpan, Uvwie Local Government Area as at the time of filling this report and the management of the company was yet to utter a word on the issue.
It would be recalled that scores of people from oil producing communities staged a similar peaceful protest at the company’s premises on the same issue on the 7th of January, 2019.
The management of the company through its Executive Director Asset Management and Technical Services, Mr E. A. Akinsanya denied the allegation then in presence of Delta State Commissioner for Oil and Gas, Hon Freedom Fregene.