- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
- IBORI: Oghara Union tasks Malami, UK on repatriation delay
- Delta police Command warns criminals: State no go area to you, arrests killers of policemen, others
- Amotekun evicts another 137 northerners from Ondo forest
- PERSPECTIVE - The Benuenisation of Niger State and the bandits war
Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State.
The Delta State Government has dissolved governing boards of agencies, parastatals and extra-ministerial departments.
The Secretary to the State Government, Ovie Agas made this known in a government special assignment, which also declared that the directive applies also to political appointees other than chairmen and members of the dissolved boards of agencies, parastatals and extra-ministerial departments.
Below is full text of the announcement.
GOVERNMENT SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
DISSOLUTION OF GOVERNING BOARDS OF AGENCIES, PARASTATALS AND
It is hereby announced for the information of the general public that following the dissolution of the Delta State Executive Council (EXCO) with effect from 24th May, 2019, His Excellency, the Governor, has also approved the dissolution of the following Commissions, Parastatals and Agencies:
(i) Local Government Service Commission;
(ii) Delta State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission (DESOPADEC);
(iii) Governing Council of College of Education, Warri;
(iv) Governing Council of College of Education, Agbor;
(v) Governing Council of School of Health Technology, Ofuoma;
(vi) Governing Council of School of Marine Technology;
(vii) Governing Council of Institute of Continuing Education
(viii) Delta State Hospitals Management Board;
(ix) Delta State Library Board;
(x) Christian Pilgrim Welfare Board;
(xi) Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board;
(xii) Board of the Agency for Adult and Non-Formal Education;
(xiii) Delta State Tourism Board;
(xiv) Delta State Urban Water Board;
(xv) Delta Broadcasting Services Board;
(xvi) Delta State Arts Council;
(xvii) Land Allocation Committee;
(xviii) Delta State Bursary Board;
(xix) Delta State University Teaching Hospital Board;
(xx) Delta State Rural Water Supply and Environmental Sanitation Agency; and
(xxi) Direct Labour Agency (DLA).
- Similarly, Political Appointees, other than Chairmen/Members of the above mentioned agencies are affected by this directive which takes effect from today, 27th May, 2019.
- Accordingly, all affected political appointees are to handover all Government properties in their possession to the Permanent Secretaries/the most senior civil servants in the respective Government Agencies/Parastatals/Offices.
- I am to convey the appreciation of His Excellency, the Governor to all affected political appointees for their contributions to the development of Delta State in the past four years and to wish them success in their future endeavours.
Hon. Festus Ovie Agas
Secretary to the State Government