- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
- IBORI: Oghara Union tasks Malami, UK on repatriation delay
- Delta police Command warns criminals: State no go area to you, arrests killers of policemen, others
- Amotekun evicts another 137 northerners from Ondo forest
- PERSPECTIVE - The Benuenisation of Niger State and the bandits war
By Ifeanyi Olannye
Delta Force Football Club of Asaba today, Saturday, June 8, 2019 trashed Warri Wolves FC 2-0, to emerge winners of the 2019 Aiteo Delta State FA Cup competition.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Delta Queens had earlier defeated Olori Babes FC, 3-1 in the female category.
The matches were played at the Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba, to spice up fans, ahead of the Super Eagles, Zimbabwean Warriors friendly which was played on the same stadium.
David Onovo opened account for Delta Force less than a minute of kick off in the first half of the match.
Both teams, however, missed several scoring chances as all efforts targeted at goal yielded no result.
Emmanuel Nnamani sealed it up in the second half with a second goal after pulling a shot through against their opponents.
Emmanuel Ampiah of Delta Force, earned a red card and was sent out of play by the referee for rough tackle against a Warri Wolves player.
But Wolves failed to utilise their one man advantage to get a consolation goal. The game ended 2-0 in favour of Delta Force.