- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
- IBORI: Oghara Union tasks Malami, UK on repatriation delay
- Delta police Command warns criminals: State no go area to you, arrests killers of policemen, others
- Amotekun evicts another 137 northerners from Ondo forest
- PERSPECTIVE - The Benuenisation of Niger State and the bandits war
Asaba International Airport
The runway of Asaba Airport.
Delta State Government has stated that the land earmarked for the Asaba International Airport extend beyond where the perimeter fence end.
A statement signed by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Mr Chiedu Ebie stated: “It has become expedient to clarify for the information and guidance of the general public, particularly land developers around the Asaba International Airport, that the Airport land extends beyond the perimeter fence which has been erected primarily to safeguard aircraft and prevent any form of encroachment on the airport runway.
Mr Ebie therefore warned property developers who have wrongfully built and are still developing structures on the land earmarked for the Airport to desist from such.
This is mainly due to their erroneous assumption that the boundary of the Airport land ends where the perimeter fence has been erected.
He warned property developers to desist from further encroachment on the adjoining land to the perimeter fence of the airport and that all farming activities therein were also prohibited as security agencies had been directed to apprehend and prosecute defaulters.