- Show will to end insecurity in the land, Gbagi urges Nigerians, says states should decide herdsmen’s operation
- No grazing law in Delta, says Mrakpor; speaks on 2023 guber tussle, activities of DSCTDA
- Okowa tasks ICAN, other professional bodies on national planning
- PERSPECTIVE - Túpac Amaru: Senior Prefect in the liberation pantheon
- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
Mr Ogigi-Gbegbaje addressing the out-going Corps members.
The Permanent Secretary [PS], Directorate of Government House and Protocol, Asaba, Mr. Eddy Ogidi-Gbegbaje, has charged youths in the country to shun vices and be security conscious in all their dealings.
Mr. Ogidi-Gbegbaje who gave this admonition today [28-06-19] in Asaba during the Send-forth ceremony for 2018 Batch B, Stream 1 Corps members who served in the Directorate, decried the security challenges facing the country especially kidnappings, ritual killings and internet fraud and urged the youths to maintain the straight and positive way to success.
“I want to congratulate you all on your successful completion of the service year, as you go into the world, please be careful of the friends you keep, the people you converse with on social media and don’t be lure into internet fraud and crimes, and the get-quick-rich syndrome. Remember that good name is better than rich”, the PS said, adding “you can attain any heights if you follow the right and positive way and with God on your side, success will be yours.
“You have a responsibility to be a good citizen of this country”, he added.
Earlier, Mr. Ayodele Oluwarotimi, in a response on behalf of the Corps members, thanked the management of the directorate for giving them the opportunity to serve, pledging that they would be good ambassadors of the directorate.