- Show will to end insecurity in the land, Gbagi urges Nigerians, says states should decide herdsmen’s operation
- No grazing law in Delta, says Mrakpor; speaks on 2023 guber tussle, activities of DSCTDA
- Okowa tasks ICAN, other professional bodies on national planning
- PERSPECTIVE - Túpac Amaru: Senior Prefect in the liberation pantheon
- CHRISTIAN LIFE - Liberation Mandate @40: David Oyedepo: A man of grace; God’s gift to Nigeria for the world
Mr. Patrick Ukah,Commissioner, Basic and Secondary Education Commissioner, Delta State.
The newly appointed Commissioner for Basic and Secondary Education, Chief Patrick Ukah has charged management and staff of the ministry to be up and doing with their duties so as to sustain the development strides attained in the education sector during the first tenure of Governor Ifeanyi Okowa.
The commissioner gave the charge when he met with the management and staff of the ministry on his resumption yesterday, Friday (05/07/2019) as the Commissioner.
Chief Ukah said the education sub sector was part of the key programme of the SMART Agenda of the administration and as such the Government would continue to place more priority in construction and renovation of schools in the state.
He commended management and staff of the ministry for the support they gave to the immediate past commissioner and urged them to extend the same to him.
Earlier on the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry, Comrade Samuel Dietake, congratulated the Commissioner on his appointment.
He assured the commissioner that the staff of the ministry would give him all the support he needed to succeed in his new assignment.
Highlight of the event was the presentation of hand over notes by the permanent secretary to the commissioner and the inspection of the various departments of the ministry by the Commissioner.