- Engage constructive, not childish criticism, Delta PDP rebukes APC
- Insecurity: Delta North monarchs summon elected subjects to a meeting
- Okowa marks five years in office, says God will revive economy
- 5th anniversary: Reps Minority Leader applauds Okowa for demonstrating exceptional leadership
- Interstate travel ban: Reps frown at violation as Elumelu, others condemn security agencies' complicity in a motion
Governor Ifeanyi Okowa.
The Supreme Court judgment affirming the victory of Governor Ifeanyi Okowa in the governorship elections has been described as victory for a stronger, better and healthy Delta.
Deputy Speaker, Delta State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon Christopher Ochor Ochor speaking after the court judgment in Abuja, said that the eminent justices had only affirmed the decision of the people on the election Day, which was the victory of the PDP, and its candidate of , Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa.
“This Judgment is affirming the votes of Deltans on the 3rd of March 2019. And what this judgment further means is for a stronger, better and a healthier Delta,” he said.
Ochor congratulated the entire structure of the party in the state, and at the national level, calling on all Deltans to join hand with the Okowa-led state government to move the state forward, and achieve the dream of a stronger Delta.
“This victory is for the development of the state, irrespective of our differences in politics, and culture, we have to pull our resources and join with the government, with Senator Ifeanyi Okowa as the driver to move ahead.
“I congratulate our great party, the Peoples Democratic Party, I congratulate our amiable governor, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa, and most of all, the people and friends of our state as we end a process that was not productive, but a cog to the wheel of development of our state,” the Deputy Speaker stated.