- PDP expresses worry over Buhari loans
- 20 Christians killed, others injured or missing in Fulani attacks that displaced 20,000
- Covid-19: Delta receives ambulance, buses, ventilator, others from oil and gas industry operators
- Delta lauds media support in fight against COVID-19
- OPINION - Scrapping of ex- Governors’ pension: The Hubris of Governor Uzodinma’s new populism
Rt. Hon. Funkekeme Solomon, Delta’s Senior Political Adviser.
Senior officials of the Government of Delta state have been prohibited from accompanying any one with ambition for political elective office to make consultations forthwith till further notice.
The state government handed down the directive in a Press statement signed by the Senior Political Adviser to the Governor, Rt. Hon. Funkekeme Solomon on Monday, May 18, 2020.
Solomon, who reiterated that appropriate sanctions awaited anyone that flouts the governor’s directive decried a situation where some members in positions of responsibility in the Senator (Dr.) Ifeanyi Okowa’s administration had begun consultations on their 2023 political ambitions, pointing out that such early steps at politicking were hasty, premature and capable of undermining the administration’s unity of purpose. He called attention to the fact that the Governor had earlier cautioned members of the government to exercise restraint in pursuit of their political ambitions.
The Senior Political adviser said: “Nonetheless, it has been observed that some senior members of the government, even among state council members have continued to disregard the Governor’s directive as they have been found accompanying some government officials that have begun consultation in furtherance of their 2023 political ambitions. This, no doubt, is a distraction. It is dividing EXCO members, and it is totally unacceptable.