- Replace Big Brother Naija with show that projects country’s values, cultures and traditions, says Ooni
- FEATURES - Fruits of Okowa’s job creation scheme
- Onyeama, foreign minister resumes office after COVID-19 negative test
- Tony Elumelu: Senate Committee Chairman Akinyelure, backtracks on N41bn Fraud Allegation
- My Message to Nigerian Youths on the 20th anniversary of International Youth Day, 2020, by Atiku Abubakar
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State.
Former Vice President of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar has commended the appointment of Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers as the chairman of the Edo State Governorship Election National Campaign Council of the PDP. Atiku also praised the appointment of Adamawa State Governor Ahmadu Fintiri as deputy to Wike on the Campaign Council.
Reacting to the appointments in a statement in Abuja by his media office, the former Vice President said that “the PDP couldn’t have made a better choice because Governor Wike is an outstanding and dedicated party man who has consistently worked for the success of our party.”
According to Atiku, “Wike is eminently qualified for this important assignment, especially at these critical times when the country is desperately looking for change from the present state of despair in the land.”
The former Vice President explained that “because of Wike’s impressive track record, I have no doubt in my mind that he has what it takes to lead the re-energized, rejuvenated, repositioned and re-engineered PDP to victory in Edo state.”
He called on all PDP leaders and members to put personal differences aside and cooperate with him in the successful implementation of this important task.
According to Atiku, “we should be solidly united in this task by throwing our weight behind Governor Wike in the effort to retake Edo State and return it to the path of even greater development.”
The Wazirin Adamawa noted that PDP is the only party with the broadest national appeal and with the capacity to save our unity and restore faith in our union.