Born in 1960 in the ancient town of Enugu to a devout Muslim father, late Senator Raji Ayoola Adeleke, an astute politician, second republic senator and major political pillar of the defunct Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN), working alongside the legend and premier of western Nigeria, Chief Obafemi Awolowo and a strong Igbo Christian mother; Mama Esther Nnenna Adeleke.
A unique pedigree that has given Senator Ademola Adeleke the marvelous exposure to the two religions and imbibing of religious tolerance, as well has helped him escape the ethnic bigotry that has bedeviled the Nigerian political landscape.
Consistent with the Adeleke dynasty’s traits; He is a lover of humanity and an ardent crusader of the rights of the downtrodden and empowerment of Nigerian youths as a catalyst to true and sustainable economic development.
Jerry Johnny NEWS NUGGET- 22 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT SENATOR NURUDEEN ADEMOLA ADELEKE
1) He was born 13th May 1960 in Enugu.
2) His father,Ayoola,former Balogun of Edeland, was a Second Republic Senator and one of the protégés of Chief Obafemi Awolowo in UPN.
3) His mother is Nnena Esther Adeleke,an Ibo Christian from Enugu.
4) He attended Methodist Primary School, Surulere;Nawarudeen Primary School,Ikire;Seventh Day Adventist Secondary,Ede and Muslim Grammar School,Ede.
5) He also attended Jacksonville University, USA,where he studied Criminology.
6) Until of recent, he was the President of Old Student’s Association of Muslim Grammar School,Ede.
7) He began his career working with Quicksilver Courier Company,USA,as a Service Contractor(1985-1989)
8)He was Vice President of Origin International, USA,(1985-1989).Origin International manufactures fragrances and flavours for industrial use.
? He was Director,Guinness Nigeria, (1992-1998).Guinness Nigeria is the manufacturers of Guinness Beer,Malta Guinness,McDowell, Gordon’s Gin,Harp etc.
9) He was also Executive Director,Pacific Holdings Limited(2001-2016).Pacific Holdings is the operator and owner of Olorunsogo and Omotosho power stations purchased $300million from the Federal Government of Nigeria.The company’s stations have combined capacity to generate 670MW.
10) He was elected Senator of the Federal Republic in July 2017 after defeating candidate of the ruling APC.
11) His victory in the by-election was emphatic because he won in 9 out of the 10 Local Governments of Osun West Senatorial District,polling 97,480 votes as against APC’s 66,116.
12) The love he enjoys from his people reflected in the votes he garnered from Edeland:he polled a massive 31,865 votes as against paltry 4,880 votes of APC candidate in the two LGs in Edeland.
13) Since he was elected Senator of the Federal Republic,a year ago,he has instituted N250million university scholarship awards to 50 students from Osun West Senatorial District.
14) He has also instituted N75million university scholarship to 15 students from other parts of Osun State.
15) Ademola provided power Transformers to 7 communities in his senatorial district.
16) He also constructed and rehabilitated 27 classrooms in Osun West Senatorial District.
17) He emerged PDP’s governorship candidate July 23 2018 after defeating his closest rival with 7 votes.
18) His plan on how to steer the ship of governance of Osun State when he becomes the Governor is contained in a document he styled Six Point Agenda:
Improved Worker’s Welfare
Restructured Education System
Food and Agriculture
Improved Road and Water Infrastructures
You can click the below link to read further https://senatorademolaadeleke.com/manifesto/
19) He is married and has three children:
Sade Adenike, BRed and Sina Rambo. BRed and Shina Rambo are popular Nigerian hip-hop artistes.
20) Ademola is the Uncle to famous singer David Adeleke(aka DAVIDO)
21)He loves dancing,hence the reason he is nicknamed ‘Dancing Senator.’And he neither smokes nor drinks alcohol.
22)Ademola speaks Yoruba,Igbo and English fluently.
The man knows what he is made and what he is doing, shakushaku is just a hobby Incase you wanna know.
Copied from Imade Alonge Ize-Iyamu
Manifesto – Ademola Adeleke
Member: Senate Committee on Ecology & Climate Change
Member: Senate Committee on Establishment & Pub. Service
Vice Chairman: Senate Committee on Communications
Member: Senate Committee on Defence
Member: Senate Committee on Federal Capital Territory
Member: Senate Committee on Marine Transport
Member: Senate Committee on Sports